Sihanouk Hospital Center of HOPE’s mission to provide a center for the further education and clinical training for Cambodian medical professionals while delivering 24 hour-high quality, free medical care to the poor and disadvantaged in Cambodia. We invite qualified international volunteers to come and share your experiences to build the capacity of our staff. We have a department dedicated to volunteer management and support services.
Volunteers are welcome in the following areas:
- Medical Professionals: Doctors, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Radiologists, Surgeons, Nurse Practitioners.
- Public Health: Specific expertise is needed in bio-statistical analysis, epidemiology and health education with low-literacy populations.
- Non-medical Professionals: Communications, Marketing, Business Development, and Human Resources and IT.
Requirements for all volunteers:
- Willingness to come for at least 2 weeks/10 days
- Ability to self-fund your travel and local housing costs
- Competency in mentoring or teaching in a cross-cultural context and low resource setting
Requirements for Medical Volunteers:
- Mandatory registration with the correlating Cambodian Council to be facilitated by the International Volunteer Coordinator
- Lecture and training preparation to increase the capacity of the staff
To apply, please send us an introductory email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attached:
- CV with references
- Cover letter with specific dates of volunteering (Starting date + ending date) Please note at this time, we are NOT accepting medical students at this *location for rotations, practicum, or other learning experiences except if accompanied by a qualified instructor or preceptor.
For more information, please go to contact us.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
Dr. Donna Venezia, an American Emergency Medicine specialist
conducts training for junior physicians at SHCH.