Sihanouk Hospital Center of HOPE’s mission to provide a center for the further education and clinical training for medical professionals while delivering 24 hour-high quality, free medical care to the poor and disadvantaged in Cambodia. We invite qualified international volunteers to come and share your experiences to build the capacity of our staff. We have a position dedicated to volunteer management and support services.
Volunteers are welcome in the following areas:
- Medical Professionals: Doctors, Nurses, Physician Assistants, Radiologists, Surgeons, Nurse Practitioners.
- Public Health: positions may be created for a person with previous experience. Specific expertise is needed in bio-statistical analysis, epidemiology and health education with low-literacy populations. Previous international experience is required.
- Non-medical Professionals: Communications, Marketing, Business Development, and Human Resources, IT, and English teachers with TEFL experience and certifications.
Requirements for all volunteers:
- For Medical volunteers: previous experience and medical license
- For other positions: tangible, practical skills and some level of previous experience.
- Willingness to come for at least 2 weeks/10 days
- Ability to self-fund your travel and local housing costs
To apply, please send us an introductory email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attached:
- CV with references
- Cover letter with specific dates of volunteering (Starting date + ending date)
- A copy of Medical license (for medical professional)
- Other supporting letters as requested
Please note at this time, we are NOT accepting medical students for rotations, practicum, or other learning experiences except if accompanied by a qualified instructor or preceptor.
For more information, please go to contact us.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you!
Dr. Donna Venezia, an American Emergency Medicine specialist
conducts training for junior physicians at SHCH.