The Sihanouk Hospital Center of HOPE seeks to recruit a suitable and qualified candidate or firm to fill the position of IT Contractor to customize a new open-source information system for our breast cancer program, CanReg5. Contractor will then lead implementation and data migration to the new system.
The Sihanouk Hospital Center of HOPE (SHCH) has a mission to deliver affordable, high-quality medical care to the poor and disadvantaged of Cambodia while providing further education and training of Cambodian healthcare professionals.
As the successful IT Contractor candidate, you will help us to continue developing and delivering our data-driven breast cancer program, run by SHCH’s Women’s Health Clinic. The breast cancer program is now in its 10th year and the information system in need of an update.
Technical requirements for this role
Our current information system is very old and does not adequately capture all the required fields from our paper-based case report form. It was developed using Microsoft Access and contains historical data for a number of years.
We would like to replace our current information system with “CanReg5”. CanReg5 is an open source cancer information system recommended by the World Health Organization.
Specifically we would like the chosen contractor to do the following:
- Develop an implementation plan in consultation with hospital staff and the photos and screen shots provided
- Present the implementation plan to the hospital
- Upon approval of the plan, customize the CanReg5 software
- Present the customized CanReg5 to the hospital
- Upon approval of the customized CanReg5, install the software at the hospital and provide training to hospital staff on how to use the software
- Migrate data from the old Microsoft Access based information system to CanReg5. Note that this step might be performed by internal hospital staff rather than the contractor. Please provide a separate line item in the quote for this.
Please use the following link to download photos of our paper case report form for new patients and screen shots of the electronic case report form in our current information system:
**PLEASE NOTE the zip file only contains the case report for new patient data entry. The separate case report form for returning patients will also need to be customized in a similar way. The required data fields for returning patients can be determined during development of the implementation plan.
- Demonstrable experience in similar open-source development projects.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Ability to work as a team in consultation with clinical and IT staff.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality at all times.
- Able to work to specified timeline.
- Experience working in cross-cultural environment.
This position reports directly to SHCH’s IT Manager. Collaborative consultation with Women’s Health Clinic staff is required. At various stages of the project, the Contractor will be required to communicate/train staff in the new software.
Please send CV, implementation plan with timeline, and quote (with separate line for data migration step) to:
firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN: Mr. PIN Sopich, Human Resources Manager of SHCH
Deadline for submissions is 31st October 2017
For information please call: +855 23-882-484, Ext 119